as you might remember I posted a tutorial on how to remove Junk Apps for 2.3.4 firmwares.
A lot of people requested the same for 4.0.3 - so here it is guys
I decided to open a new topic to keep it clearly arranged for Android 2.3 and Android 4.0.
So let's get started:
How to delete the Junk Apps:
Go into "system/app" with Root Explorer, in that folder are all the Junk Apps. Now press "Mount R/W". Now you can delete the Junk Apps one by one or multi-select them. To have a backup of the apps, I'd suggest you to move them to the sd card. It's good to make a folder called "Junk Apps - name of the firmware" on your sd card.
Now select the apps, press move and go to the sd card and to the folder "Junk Apps - name of the firmware" and press paste. Done.
List of the Junk Apps for 4.1.A.0.562:
- adobereader.apk (Adobe Reader)
- antradioservice.apk (ANT Radio Service)
- chinesetextinput.apk (chinese keyboard)
- datatrafficswitch.apk (Data on/off widget)
- DigitalClockWidget.apk (digital clock widget)
- Home.apk (Sony launcher, only delete this when you have another launcher installed!!)
- JapaneseIME.apk (japanese keyboard)
- letsgolf_ay.apk (Let's Golf)
- livewaremanager.apk (Live Ware Manager)
- neoreader.apk (Neoreader)
- officesuite.apk (Office Suite)
- OmaDatasyncService.apk (part of Sony Sync)
- playnowclientarvato.apk (Play Now)
- POBoxSknPink.apk (skin for chinese keyboard)
- POBoxSknWood.apk (skin for chinese keyboard)
- Protips.apk (Android tips on homescreen)
- SemcCrashMonitor.apk (Crash Monitor)
- SEMCSetupWizard.apk (Setup Wizard)
- Stk.apk (SIM Tool Kit)
- storefront.apk (all the new stuff that has something to do with Fun&Downloads. Removes 3 items from the app drawer that belong to that game thing)
- Sync.apk (Sony Sync)
- Talk.apk (Google Talk)
- trackid.apk (Track ID)
- UpdateCenter.apk (Update Center)
- usersupport.apk (Support)
- WeatherWidget.apk (Weather widget)
- widgetanalogclock.apk (Clock widget)
- widgetcalendar.apk (Calendar widget)
- widgetdigitalclock.apk (digital clock widget)
- widgetonoff.apk (most on/off widgets)
- widgettimer.apk (timer widget)
- widgetworldclock.apk (world clock widget)
I've removed all these apps from my Xperia Arc and it's running fine and faster than before. Also you have more free RAM so your apps don't get killed as fast anymore when you minimized them.
This might also work on other Xperias when they are on the mentioned firmware, too. But I can't test that.
doomed151 from xda for posting a list of all stock apps in system/app for me
Do this at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you brick or damage your phone by doing this!
If this helped you, please press "+"
Edited by Flo95, 23 April 2012 - 03:47 PM.