Heard of the Sony tablets? We are not going to discuss anything about the tablets here, but I guess you noticed the names,Tablet S and Tablet P. It looks like since the the take over of Sony Ericsson, Sony decided to follow the same single alphabet naming procedure with their smartphones as well. The first Sony Xperia was named Xperia S (release in March 2012). There are rumors about ST25i 'Kumquat' to get the name Xperia U and now we have another. This time it is LT22i 'Nypon'.
Details emerge from the same source; and that is the Indonesian Telecoms Regulatory body. They claim that the LT22i Nypon will be called Xperia P on release.
LT22i 'Nypon' details:
- 1.0 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8500 Platform
- 1GB RAM
- 4.0-inch (540 x 960 resolution) WhiteMagic display
- 8.1MP (1080p video recording) Exmor R back-illuminated sensor with LED Flash
- Android Gingerbread (2.3.7)