Most people who have an Android smartphone (at some point) go on Facebook with it. Yesterday, Sony Ericsson also revealed plans to integrate Facebook even more into their Gingerbread ROM .
Key features of the integration:
- Instant ability to share the songs you ‘like’ with friends
- Like, share, and buy songs
- Easy access to see what friends are listening to and watching
- Facebook albums and photos integrated into the Xperia gallery application
- Facebook Events will synch with the Xperia Calendar
- Facebook notification alerts in the lockscreen to ensure users never miss an update
So, for example, youre listening to something that tickles your fancy and you want to let everyone on facebook know, but no access to a PC or you cant remember the song by the time you got to your PC? Not a problem with Facebook inside Xperia intergration: assuming that youre all setup and logged in your facebook account, you can just simply press the "like" button thats inside the Music Player.
At the moment it looks like this is only planned for the new Xperia range (thats Arc, Play, Neo and Pro when they get released). Arc and Play users can expect this integrated in some new firmware thats coming out in Q2 (thats now if you havent guessed). Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro will have this integrated already when they get released.
More information will be posted on the Sony Ericsson Product Blog
From Unofficial Sony Ericsson Blog: http://blog.se-nse.n...ia-annoucement/