this is my first elf. Is based on Deskbar and SkinEdit by mc_kibel. It allow up to 10 desktops (screens) for different widgets and up to 10 widgets for each desktop. This elf adds a lot of space for widgets, but is needed to modify existing elfs (like Deskbar, CpuWidget, MySidebarInfo, IMW, AnalogClock, MiniGPS,..., described in this post). I edited IMW and Desbar. My elf works good, therefore I hope, that the authors adjust their elfs.
Link for EN and CS versions of WidgetManager v1.00 RC 4 and RC 5
Customized theme Simplitica (© Ospi) and my full screen layout is in attachments.
New version - WidgetManager v1.00 RC 5
What is new:
- less use of timers
- configurable layouts for all my widgets (and fonts, colors, ...)
- widgets are now on new desktop, there is now not need to hide standard desktop items (press RED button on WidgetManager for switching beween regular desktop and WindgetManager desktops), this feature replace the old posibility to hide all widgets
- WeatherWidget have new function for browsing weather forecats
- code optimization
- CPU optimization
- NEW WidgetManager v1.0 RC 5
- NEW WidgetManagerSkinEdit v1.0 RC 4
- NEW BluetoothWidget v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager)
- NEW DigitalClockWidget v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager)
- NEW DigitalSmallClockWidget v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager)
- NEW MusicWidget v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager, partialy broken visualization)
- NEW ProfileWidget v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager)
- NEW StatusWidget v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager)
- NEW WeatherWidget v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager)
- NEW + WidgetsSleepMode v1.0 RC 5
- NEW CPU Widget mod for WidgetManager v1.0 RC 5 (works with and without WidgetManager)
- NEW Deskbar 3.34.5 (works with and without WidgetManager, update for WidgetManager v1.0 RC 5)
After downloading neccesary files (choose from English or Czech language version):
- Copy folders Resources and Widgets to Config folder in card (it works also in Config folder in phone, but is needed to change settings for WidgetManager and Deskbar in theirs bcfg).
- Copy content of BCFG folder to Config folder in card (or phone).
- Copy MetaDataDLL.dll (also working with old IMW) WeatherDLL.dll from DLL folder to DLL's folder in phone.
- UPDATE: For WeatherWidget is needed to download weather data from here and save the weather.txt file to folder Weather in folder Resources.
- UPDATE: Install and run PIMWidgetInterop from folder JAVA (comming soon).
- You can also apply my layout_main.xml.
- Put WidgetManagerSkinEdit.elf from Elfs folder to Zbin.
- Put other elfs from Elfs folder to ZBin or Daemons.
- Register .skw extension in FileReg or in ExtMan, and select WidgetManagerSkinEdit as open elf.UPDATE: Icons for FileReg or ExtMan SKW Icons.zip 1.49K 481 downloads
- Disable shortcuts in Settings.
- Run firstly supported widgets, then run WidgetManager (DaemonAdmin elf is great for this)
- You will see 'It's probably first run of elf, so you have to set skin now'.
- Go to skin folder, click on Config.skw, then select 'Set skin' option from list. After all, you can start using WidgetManager.
- And then have fun
- Set everything what you need in bcfg
- Changing skin: go to folder with skin, click on Config.skw and select "Set skin"
- Editing current skin: run WidgetManager gui (through menu? (can somebody create patch?, info is in bottom of this post) or by key) and select "Edit skin"
- Editing any other skin: go to folder with skin, click on Config.skw and select "Edit skin"
- For each supported widget set in their bcfg desktop for displaying Widget ("Widget - Desktop", 1-10) and position for the widget ("Widget - Position", 1-10 from top, for order to activate widgets).
- Is also important to set "Count of widgets" in WidgetManager for each desktop. (If you have 2 widgets on 1. desktop, set 2 in "Count of widget" for 2. desktop)
- UPDATE: To show WidgetManager Hot Menu press a Select button defined in WidgetManager setting when WidgetManager is active or when a Note edit is active (Screenshot "3. desktop, Custom Note edit")
- To show custom note in Standby, change "Desktop for visible note" to any desktop number (0 = note is not visible)
- To edit note text open WidgetManager Hot Menu (item "Edit note text") or edit skin (Note text)
- To use custom Standby backround for selected desktop, insert "Desktop?.gif" (where ? is number of desktop 1-10) in to the folder with skin (where Config.skw is located) and enable custom wallpaper in config of skin for selected desktop (tab "Desktop - custom wallpaper"). It's not neccesary to set custom Standby backgound for all desktops, when custom wallpaper is disabled for any desktop, wallpaper is used from theme (only theme with flash desktop wallaper is supported for this)
1. Desktop - StatusWidget, WeatherWidget, DigitalClockWidget
Config Layout for WeatherWidget
Screenshots WidgetManager v1.00 RC 4:
Edited by mipa87, 10 January 2012 - 03:05 PM.