* Remove your back cover, battery, sim and memory card
* Run something like a credit card under the metal plate at the top of the phone. It is stuck down tight with double sided tape but it will come away with a little force.
* Now remove the two screws you can see.
* Starting near the top of the phone, run your credit card along the join of the front cover. When you have released the cover as much as shown below, slide the cover down to remove it (clips hold the cover on at the bottom which will be bent if you don't slide the cover off).
* You should now have the front cover removed. Remove the small screw you can see.
* With the slide open halfway, lift the up the part you've just removed the screw from to reveal three ribbon connectors. Each connector has a black latch which you need to flick over the release the ribbon.
* You now have the LCD screen removed. You don't need to go any further if you only want to replace the LCD.
* Remove the speaker and connecting ribbon etc. It's just stuck down lightly. Remove the two screws you can see at the top of the phone.
* You now need to lift the keypad up. It's stuck down lightly with double sided tape. Remove the two screws you can see.
* Run your credit card around the join of the grey part of the phone to release a number of clips. Turn the phone over and release a few more clips in the battery compartment.
* Your phone should now look like below. Two small bezels (shown in the picture) will pop off when you remove the back part of the phone. Now remove the two silver screws you can see.
* You can now remove the battery compartment. A ribbon is stuck to the side of this and will peel away quite easily. Remove the two screws you can see.
* The circuit board will now be loose but still connected by a ribbon. Again, flick the black latch over to release the ribbon.
* Disassembly is complete. Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly.
Edited by Lynott, 27 April 2009 - 06:36 PM.