1. Can the radio work without the handsfree? Plug the handsfree, turn the radio on, turn the speaker on, then unplug the handsfree and quickly press back to return to the standby screen. Notice the radio icon near the signal indicator (as if the radio is minimised-it stays like this for ~ 6 seconds and waits for you to plug back the handsfree). Press a volume button. Now the radio works with no handsfree (for 6 seconds). For better reception you need a quick 'antenna': put your finger on the connectors... Nice bug. It demnonstrates that radio works without handsdfree.
*Note: on my W810 this bug is fixed
2.0. It is known that K700 can't minimise a Java app. Or can it? When pressing long back it asks you if you want to end the app: Yes or No. Try this: Open a random Java app. Get a friend to beep you. A "Missed call" popup appears. Then you see who called you, hit "More">"Edit before call" and type in a free to call number (network service or similar). After it answers, end the call, and a new popup apears: "End application?" with Yes or No. If you long press "Back", the popup dissapears, leaving the standby screen with the Java icon next to the signal bar. So in this extremly simple way you can minimise a Java app with your K700i
2.1. With the Java app minimised like described in 2.0. both Camera and Video Camera work unlike other "low-tech" phones such as K750/W800/W810
*Note: If the Java app is complex enough, then the video recording framerate is lower, even with fuzzy frames. Sometimes the display stops working and shows some peculiar orizontal bars, but the phone works, because you can operate it blindly (I recieved a call like this, the display was just 'frozen')
3. Browse other phones' memory via Bluetooth. First you must pair your phone with the one you want to access (Menu> Conectivity> Bluetooth> My devices> New device etc) which will have to grant you access to it (that's wright, K700 is no spy phone). After that you'll see it's name in the My devices list. There's a 90% chance that the left soft key asociated with the phone you just added to be "Browse" You can copy and delete files, or create and delete folders, but you cannot send a file while this connection is active.
4. Thumbnails and regular (not full screen) viewing of 2.0 Mp photos taken with a K750/W800/W810 sent on a K700i are viewed instantly! (0 seconds delay), at a very low quality, which is not too bad in my opinion as to stay 3 seconds to display a picture on a W810 for example...
*Note: If you send a 2.0 Mp photo from a K750/W800/W810 to another phone (especially SE phone), send it via infrared, because via bluetooth it wil resize the picture before sending it (don't know why)
5. You can create your own custom 32x32 EMS images with a .wbmp extension with the phone image editor and this applies to ANY SE phone. Here's how: Open the SMS editor (Messages>Write new>Text message), hit "More"> Add item> Picture and browse for let's say "Happy". Hit the back key and save your message to drafts. Go to Drafts, hit "More"> View. Now press down to select the image (a selected image has a rectangle around it) and hit "More"> Save picture. (if the 'save picture' option doesn't appear, it's a bug like in my K700, so select "Use item" and press "Back" select the picture again and hit "More">Save picture). Go to images where you'll find the saved picture. Hit "More"> Use> Edit. For the K750/W800/W810 press "View", then "More">Edit. To create a "Blank", simply select the rectangle tool with the "Fill" option "On" and draw a white rectangle over the whole image.
6. Videos can be played at any given resolution in .mp4 format!) within the range of 96x96 to 176x144 and mabie even other lower rezolutions but I haven't tested because it would have been too small :-P Try it!
7. Modify volume of Media Player from anywhere in the menu! Here's how: Minimise the Media Player. Open a java game which has sound, but don't enable it. While in the game, press the volume buttons and see if the volume to the music player changes. If not, try it with another game. If yes, good. Now minimise the Java app as described in the 2.0 section of my post and now you should be able to change Media Player's volume anywhere in the menu (while the Java app is running in the background). This is not applicable to the volume of the Radio, and it doesn't cause the change of the track at a long volume press as in K750/W800/W810.
8. Lower the resolution of 3D java games (including the Super Real Tennis) so that the framerate increases. Example: Super Real Tennis "More"> Screen> User defined: And input 160 height, 160 Width. Start the game and after it fully loads press the left soft key and choose "View". It's better this way (the View option exists only in Super Real Tennis)
9. You can read .txt files and can EVEN EDIT smaller ones!! K750/W800/W810 can just open them with the Web browser. Here's how: Send a .txt file to your phone. It will be automaticaly saved in the "Other" folder. Go to the Other folder, then go to your txt file (you know its name, wright?) press "Send" and choose "As picture message". Now as you are previewing the MMS you "wanted" to send press "Edit". The MMS editor will take the text from the txt file and if doesn't ecceed a certain number of characters, you can choose the text, press "Text" (the left soft key) and choose "Edit". Voila! Not even K750/W800/W810 can do this, ha ha
10. Go to the Stopwatch. Now go back no matter in which menus (even in standby screen). Observe how the backlight fades, in fact it doesn't fade to complete off, it enlightens a bit the screen just as it would do to keep the Stopwatch 'alive' on screen so that you see the times and don't have to press one button to get back the backlight and another press to stop the stopwatch. This setting is not kept after the backlight eventualy fades completely off (after ~30 sec)
11. When writing an SMS you can format the text (big, small, normal; bold, italic, underline, strikethrough (and combinations); left, right, centered). This is nothing special, except for the fact that text formating doesn't exist in the K750/W800/W810
12. At the Darts game you noticed that the higher the "pressure" the faster the target dot moves. To slow it down a bit press "Board" and don't lower the resolution. This way it has more to process and the whole game runs slower :-)
13. Here are 3 interesting .imy files I've found on the net (can't remember where to give the site credit, sorry) imys.zip 809bytes 35 downloads
Car alarm - I sent this in an MMS to a friend saying a virus infected him I'm bad
Snoring - It vibrates with the backlight of the display off. It seems so abnormal that the display light is off, while the keypad is lightend
Mobile heart - just hold the phone in your hand when it plays this and you feel it's Alive!! (notice the red led near the IR flashes too)
14. Did you know that .bmp images are processed at lightening speed on K700, no matter how big the images are? Because of the limmited memory K700 has, I uploaded a 9 Mb bmp file which was shown 6x faster than a 2 Mb jpg, both at the same resolution.
In conclusion, K700 has certain features K750/W800/W810 could only dream of which means K700 rocks
I hope I brought a smile on your faces looking at these and please tell me if these worked on your K700s, ok?
Edited by adrianp2200, 13 March 2009 - 06:44 PM.