Note: the tutorial is based on a W880i Orange branded phone, but the same procedures can be used with other CID53 DB2020 phones (K800, K810, W580, etc.)
- SEUS (Sony Ericsson update service) [download link: here]
- JDflasher + FAR Manager [download link: here]
- main2raw + SEFStool4 [download link: here]
- Standard USB cable (DCU-60 or DCU-65)
Now, let's get started, shall we ?
1) Go to share2flash and download your desired FS for your W880i (must be CID52 - because CID53 files are corrupted)
WARNING! I recommend using the R8BA024 as it is officially the latest FW for your phone. (if you have W880i CID53 upgraded via SEUS, then you sure have R8BA024 firmware)
2) Go to share2flash or esnips and download the correct customization files for W880i, to match your FS file (for example, if you have downloaded W880_R8BA024_FS_EUROPE_2_RED53.rar, you will need HB1-06_Gen_CDA102568_11_R8A_GENERIC_EUROPE_2.zip custom file)
3) Extract the downloaded FS file, you should get a .fbn file
4) Extract main2raw and SEFStool4 utilities to a folder (extract them both in the same folder)
5) Drag the .fbn file to main2raw.exe, it will create a .raw file
6) Enter command prompt, and using SEFStool4.exe, extract the .raw file (the sintax is "SEFStool4.exe filename.raw)
7) After it has finished, you will have a folder with extracted FS content (consisting of 3 folders : "ifs", "system" and "tpa")
8) Extract the custom pack you've downloaded somewhere, and copy the contents from "tpa\preset\custom" to the folder where your FS has been extracted, in "..\tpa\preset\custom" (that folder should be empty)
9) Extract FAR+JDflasher you've just downloaded to a folder
10) Open FAR.exe, click CTRL+F1 (or ALT+F1) and select "just da flasher", select "db_2020", "DCU-60" and "921000" settings. Click "jump down into a large rabbit-hole"
11) Slide out the battery, put it back, hold the "2" button on your phone, and while holding that button connect the USB cable to the phone
12) You should see on the left two options: "oflash" and "ofs"
13) Select "ofs" and wait until you see "ifs", "queue", "system" and "tpa".
14) Delete the content of these folders (you must enter every folder separately, and download its contents)
15) After al three folders are empty (or almost empty - there might be some files that cannot be deleted), navigate in the right of FAR manager screen to the folder you have extracted your FS (you should have the same folders in that directory - "ifs", "system" , "tpa"), select all three folders, and copy them over the folders from your FS on the left.
16) After you've copied everything, double-click on ".." above "ifs", FAR Manager will ask you "are you sure?", select "yes" and exit FAR.
17) Remove the USB cable from phone, remove also the battery for 15-30sec., put the battery back and turn the phone on.
18) Wait for the phone to reconfigure, or if it doesn't say "Please wait" at startup, do a master reset.
19) Install SEUS, start it, select language and your phone model. Click next and follow the on-screen instructions (remove battery, hold button 2 pressed, etc.)
20) SEUS will detect your phone, and if you have R8BA024 firmware, it will say that you already have the latest firmware. However, click "Continue anyway", and your phone will be flashed with Generic Main FW
21) After flashing has completed, remove USB cable, remove the battery, put it back and power on the phone.
Congratulations! You should have now generic firmware on your CID53 W880
Edited by cristy_ganea, 29 June 2008 - 03:49 PM.